Ranikhet is a small cantonment town which is located in the state of Uttarakhand. This hill station, over the years have become one of the most favourite vacation places of our country. The lush greenery, the abundant nature and the tranquillity this place offers, attract people from different corners of our country.
If you are in search of solace and peace, do visit this place. Not only the greenery, there are some places in Ranikhet which will make you flabbergast owing to the beauty of these places. Check out hotels in Ranikhet with rates online and once you have sorted out your ideal hotel, make sure you don’t miss these top five places on your trip to Ranikhet. Give it a read.
- Chaubatia Orchards: This is a vantage point which is mostly frequented by the tourists because of the breathtaking views of the Himalayan Range that can be witnessed from here. This place is actually a Government Fruit Research Centre where you will get to see variety of apples. During seasons, this place becomes a major crowd-puller. Do visit this place.
- Majkhali: This place is located just 12km away from the heart of the town. The serenity of this place will make you come back here time and again. Here you will get to have some breath-taking views of Himalayan range. If you are in search of tranquillity, do visit this serene place.
- Upat and Kalika: Home to the marvellous golf course, this place is an amazing example of scenic beauty. Surrounded by postcard nature, this place offers some breath-taking views of the snow-capped mountains of Himalaya which are heavenly in nature. Do visit this place in order to lose yourself amidst the abundant nature.
- Jhula Devi Temple: One of the holiest places of Ranikhet, the famous Jhula Devi Temple is the top crowd puller. This place houses one of the many incarnations of Goddess Durga and check out the quintessential character of Uttarakhand temples at this place. And also, don’t forget to listen to the local myths that are there about this temple.
- Bhalu Dam: If you go to Cahubatia Gardens, then down three km, you will encounter this artificial lake which is famous for the abundant natural beauty it beholds. And if you are up for water sports, then Bhalu Dam provides you the scope to avail water boating. Check out the tranquillity of this place which is so mesmerizing. This artificial lake is located almost 11km away from the heart of the Ranikhet town. Do not miss this place.
Ranikhet is famous for abundant natural beauty and the rich presence of flora and fauna. If you want, you can always keep some time in hand to visit the nearby places like Nainital and Almora. Believe me, you will feel like coming back to this place time and again owing to the mesmerizing natural beauty of this place. Check out the Uttarakhand hotels online and have a great trip ahead.