Ahmedabad is one of the most popular tourist destinations in India. Apart from being a bustling metropolitan, this place has also a lot to offer in terms of tourism. From lovely minarets to step wells, from delicious snacks to night time markets, Ahmedabad literally has everything that a tourist might need to spice up their trip.
So if you are indeed planning a trip to this lovely city, then first of all book your room at one of the five star hotels in Ahmedabad Gujarat and then you can set about to explore the things this city has in store for you:
- Gandhi Ashram: Located a few kilometres away into the outskirts of the city is the Gandhi Ashram. This is undoubtedly the star attraction of this place. This hermitage was set up by none other than Mahatma Gandhi himself and he practised what he preached here. He encouraged his followers to make the daily goods that they needed on their own, like spinning cloth and making their own clothes from them. This place is preserved in the form of a museum today and you can still witness the room where Gandhi himself once lived. A trip to the Ahmedabad will be incomplete if you do not visit the Gandhi Ashram.
- Jama Masjid: This is one of the finest mosques that this city boasts of not to mention one of the most beautiful architectures that the country has seen. It was in the year 1423AD, that Ahmed Shah commissioned and completed the construction of this mosque. There are a whooping total of 300 pillars which supports around 15 domes. If you want to spend some quiet time wrapped in a meditative feel, then this is the place to head out to.
- Manek Chowk: You simply cannot afford to miss out on this midnight treat that Ahmedabad has in store for you. Manek Chowk is a place in the city which was and still is the jewellers’ den. Many years ago, when these jewellers saw that they had to work well into the night and not being able to go home for dinner, they decided to set up food and snack shops that would open at night only. Today the tradition still continues and you can get a taste of some of the most delicious snacks that Ahmedabad has to offer, if you visit Manek Chowk at night.
- The Heritage Walk: There is a lot to see in Ahmedabad, especially in terms of architecture. If you are an architecture buff and simply love to take photographs then talk to the staff at one of the ahmedabad luxury hotels where you will be staying and sign up for this heritage walk around the main area of the city.
- Kankaria Lake: And last but not the least you should visit the Kankaria Lake once. It is the largest lake in the city. During evening, this water body is decorated with lights, which paints a soothing picture indeed.
These are just some of the many places that Ahmedabad has in store for you. So if you want to make the best of your trip, do try to cover them all!